WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that enables users to share media files, make voice and video chats, and send text messages. However, like any other app, WhatsApp may encounter occasional errors that can disrupt its functionality. One common error that users may come across is the “Can’t Setup the Recorder Now Please Try Again Later” error when attempting to send a voice message. In this article, we will explore the possible causes of this error and provide step-by-step solutions to fix it. We will also discuss alternative methods to send voice messages on WhatsApp if the error persists.
Table of Contents
Common Solutions for Fixing the WhatsApp Voice Message Error
- Solution 1: Check device permissions
- Solution 2: Clear cache and data
- Solution 3: Update WhatsApp
- Solution 4: Reinstall WhatsApp
Solution 1: Check device permissions
One possible cause of the WhatsApp voice message error is insufficient permissions granted to the app. To check and adjust the permissions, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to “Apps” or “Applications Manager.”
- Locate the WhatsApp and tap on “WhatsApp” from the installed apps.
- Select “Permissions” or “App Permissions.”
- Ensure that the microphone permission is enabled for WhatsApp. If not, toggle the switch to enable it.
After adjusting the permissions, try sending a voice message on WhatsApp to see if the error persists. if not resolved then follow the second solution.
Solution 2: Clear cache and data
Another effective solution for resolving the WhatsApp voice message error is clearing the app’s cache and data. This process helps eliminate any temporary files or corrupted data that may be causing the error. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to “Apps” or “Applications Manager.”
- Find and select “WhatsApp” from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Choose the option to “Clear cache” and confirm the action.
- If “Clear data” or “Clear storage” button is available, then tap on “Clear data” or “Clear storage” and confirm.
Note! Clearing data will remove your chat history and media files from WhatsApp. Make sure to back up your chats/conversations before proceeding.
Once the cache and data are cleared, open WhatsApp again and attempt to send a voice message to check if the error has been resolved. if not resolved then follow the third solution.
Solution 3: Update WhatsApp
Outdated versions of WhatsApp may contain bugs or compatibility issues that can trigger the voice message error. Updating the app to the latest version often helps in resolving such problems. Here’s how to update WhatsApp:
- Launch the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) on your device.
- Search for “WhatsApp” in the search bar.
- If an update is available, you will see an “Update” button next to WhatsApp. Tap on update button to start the update process.
- Wait for download the update and install.
- Once the update is complete, open WhatsApp and check if you can send voice messages without encountering the error.
if still issue is not resolved then follow the the above fourth solution.
Solution 4: Reinstall WhatsApp
If none of the previous solutions have resolved the WhatsApp voice message error, reinstalling the app can often fix underlying issues. Here’s how to reinstall WhatsApp:
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device:
- On Android: Go to “Settings” > “Apps” or “Applications Manager.” Locate and tap on “WhatsApp,” then select “Uninstall.”
- On iOS: Long-press the WhatsApp icon on your home screen until it starts shaking. Tap the “X” icon on the WhatsApp app, then confirm the uninstallation.
- After uninstalling WhatsApp, go to the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) and reinstall the app.
- Once the reinstallation is complete, set up WhatsApp with your phone number and verify your account.
Reinstalling WhatsApp may delete your existing chats, So it’s always a good idea to perform a backup before uninstalling, just in case.
After reinstalling WhatsApp, try sending a voice message to see if the error persists.
Reinstalling WhatsApp will surely solve the issue.
I hope you like this article. If you have any question, feel free to ask in comments section.