After Google’s Pixel phones, Nothing’s Phone (1) supports the Android 14 beta update. Install Android 14 beta on Nothing Phone (1).
The developer preview program includes Android 14 beta.
Android 14 is in early development and may be missing features or not working correctly. The Android 14 beta formatted the phone’s storage, deleting all data. Back up your files first.
How to Install Android 14 beta on a Nothing phone (1)?
First, go to the main website for Nothing and download the Android 14 beta package.
- Make sure the running system on your phone is up to date. To do this, go to “Settings,” then “About phone,” and finally “Software info.”
- If you haven’t updated your system to the latest version, “Nothing OS 1.5.4”, go to “Settings,” then “System,” and click “System update” to see if there are any changes.
- After making sure the latest software update is installed, create a new folder on your phone called “ota.” Then, copy the software package into the “ota” folder.
- Now, go to the dial screen on your phone and type “##682##“
- Tap the drop-down to see all the items in “ota.” If the update package isn’t there, choose “Browse,” then “Ota,” and then select the package. To update, touch “RELOAD.”
- Tap the “Directly apply OTA from selection” button to start the update.
- When updating is done, a pop-up will tell you to restart your device. You must click on “Confirm.”