Are you looking for a way to bring the excitement of skateboarding indoors? Do you want to master sick tricks without having to leave the comfort of your own home? Look no further than Tech Deck, the miniature skateboard brand that has taken the fingerboarding world by storm.
Table of Contents
Tech Deck was created in 1998 by the company Spin Master, with the goal of bringing the fun and excitement of skateboarding indoors. The miniature skateboards are designed to be used with your fingers, allowing you to perform the same tricks and stunts as you would on a full-sized skateboard. Tech Decks quickly gained popularity, with fans of all ages eager to try their hand at fingerboarding.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the world of Tech Deck and how it’s changing the fingerboarding game. From the different types of decks and ramps available, to tips for mastering your skills, we’ll cover everything you need to know to become a Tech Deck pro.
The Basics of Tech Deck
Tech Decks are miniature skateboards that are designed to be used with your fingers. The decks are made of plastic and feature realistic graphics that mimic the designs of full-sized skateboards. They come in a variety of sizes, ranging from 96mm to 33mm, and are typically sold in sets of four.
One of the most appealing aspects of Tech Decks is that they allow you to perform the same tricks and stunts as you would on a full-sized skateboard. This includes everything from kickflips and ollies to grinds and slides. With a little practice, you can even create your own unique tricks and combos.
Also Read more Master tech Deck Tricks
Choosing Your Tech Deck
When it comes to choosing your Tech Deck, there are a few factors to consider. First and foremost, you’ll want to choose a deck with a design that you love. Whether you prefer bold graphics, classic designs, or something a little more understated, there are Tech Decks available to suit every taste.
In addition to design, you’ll also want to consider the size of your deck. Larger decks are generally easier to control and offer more stability, while smaller decks are better for performing intricate tricks and maneuvers.
Finally, you’ll want to consider the quality of your Tech Deck. While there are plenty of inexpensive options available, investing in a higher-quality deck can make a big difference in your fingerboarding experience. Look for decks made of durable materials that can withstand repeated use.
Tech Deck Ramps and Accessories
While Tech Decks can be used on any flat surface, ramps and accessories can take your fingerboarding experience to the next level. Tech Deck offers a wide range of ramps, rails, and obstacles that allow you to create your own custom skate park.
Some of the most popular Tech Deck accessories include:
- Ramps: From quarter pipes and half pipes to fun boxes and launch ramps, Tech Deck ramps come in all shapes and sizes.
- Rails: Tech Deck rails are perfect for practicing grinds and slides, and can be combined with ramps for even more options.
- Obstacles: Tech Deck obstacles include everything from stair sets and handrails to benches and picnic tables.
Mastering Your Tech Deck Skills
Once you’ve chosen your Tech Deck and set up your custom skate park, it’s time to start mastering your skills. Here are a few tips to help you take your fingerboarding to the next level:
- Practice, practice, practice: Like any skill, fingerboarding takes practice to master. Start with the basics and work your way up to more complex tricks and maneuvers.
- Watch tutorials: There are plenty of fingerboarding tutorials available online, covering everything from the basics to advanced tricks. Watch as many as you can to get inspiration and learn new techniques.
- Experiment with different setups: Try different combinations of decks, trucks, and wheels to find the setup that works best for you. Some fingerboarders prefer looser trucks for more control, while others prefer tighter trucks for more stability.
- Have fun: At the end of the day, fingerboarding is all about having fun. Don’t get discouraged if you can’t master a trick right away – keep practicing and enjoy the process.
FAQs: Everything You Need to Know About Tech Deck
Q: Can Tech Decks be used by kids?
A: Yes, Tech Decks are suitable for kids of all ages. However, younger children may need more practice to master the skills needed for fingerboarding.
Q: Are Tech Decks expensive?
A: Tech Decks are available at a range of price points, from affordable options to higher-end decks with more features and customization options.
Q: Can I use Tech Decks on any surface?
A: Tech Decks can be used on any flat surface, but they are best suited for use on specially designed fingerboarding ramps and obstacles.
Q: Are there any competitions for fingerboarding?
A: Yes, there are plenty of fingerboarding competitions held around the world, with categories for all ages and skill levels.
Tech Deck has revolutionized the fingerboarding world, bringing the excitement of skateboarding indoors and allowing fans to practice their skills anytime, anywhere. With a wide range of decks, ramps, and accessories available, there’s never been a better time to get into fingerboarding. So what are you waiting for? Grab your Tech Deck and start shredding!